Soldiers mutilation | Indian Army slams TV channels for going 'ballistic', denies reports of retaliation

Share it:
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com

Slamming news channel for going 'ballistic' over news report of retaliation by Indian Army after the beheading of a military officer and BSF head constable, Indian Army has on Wednesday denied reports that Pakistani bunkers were destroyed.

According to a Hindustan Times report, a senior officer with the Indian army called the reports untrue and said, "There was no retaliation whatsoever by us in the KG sector on Monday night. They (TV channels) go ballistic without asking us anything. We will retaliate and when we do, we will come out with an official statement."

While the report also adds that the intelligence officials on the ground also failed to confirm the attack, the military spokesperson was quoted as saying that they will respond at the right time as a lot of planning goes into any army action.

Earlier on Monday, the Pakistani soldiers along with their Border Action Team (BAT), which include trained border inhabitants, launched a joint attack. "Pakistan Army carried out unprovoked rocket and mortar firing on two forward posts on the Line of Control in the Krishna Ghati sector. Simultaneously, a BAT action was launched on a patrol operating in between the two posts. In an unsoldierly act by the Pakistan Army, the bodies of two of our soldiers in the patrol were mutilated. Such despicable act of Pakistan Army will be appropriately responded," read the Indian Army's statement.

They first fired rockets and followed this up with firing from automatic weapons, near Kranti Post located in Poonch's Krishna Ghati Sector around 8.30 AM. The Pakistanis then crossed the LoC, entered 200 meters into Indian Territory, and attacked a joint patrol of the Army and Border Security Force (BSF), heading towards a nearby post. They sneaked 250 metres into Indian territory in Poonch, and killed and mutilated bodies of Naib Subedar Paramjeet Singh and BSF Head Constable Prem Singh.

Later the same day, there were also reports that the Indian Army retaliated against the raids that took place earlier in the day. There were reportedly casualties on the other side but there was no clarity on the number. According to reports, certain Pakistani posts across the Line of Control were targeted.

Earlier, India had vowed an "appropriate" response to the beheading of two soldiers by Pakistani forces, saying their sacrifice will not go in vain, as political parties came together to condemn the "barbaric act." As the incident sparked an outrage, a BJP MP RK Singh demanded a tit-for-tat response. The Pakistan Army has denied mutilating the bodies of the two Indian security personnel. "Such despicable act of Pakistan Army will be appropriately responded," the Indian Army said in a press statement after the soldiers were killed by Pakistani forces in an attack across the Line of Control(LoC) and their bodies mutilated.

Describing the mutilation as an extreme form of barbaric act, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said the whole country has full confidence and faith in its armed forces and that the sacrifice of the two soldiers will not go in vain. "The Government of India strongly condemns this act and the whole country has full confidence and faith in our armed forces which will react appropriately to this inhuman act. The sacrifice of these two soldiers will not go in vain," Jaitley said.

(With agency inputs)
Share it:
loading...

National

Post A Comment:

0 comments: